How long should my roof last?
A variety of factors influence roof system life, including the type of roof system, quality of materials, installation quality and frequency of preventive maintenance. We address all of those factors in our roofing projects, meaning Garland roof performance is typically much better than competing alternatives. Garland roofs are designed, engineered and manufactured to last 30 years, outperforming standard roofs.
How do I achieve the best return on investment for my roof?
Proactive preventive maintenance is of the utmost importance. By practicing preventive maintenance, your roof may exceed its warranted life. In addition to maintenance, having a roof installed the right way the first time around puts you ahead of the game. Quality materials and superior workmanship make a huge difference in the return on your roofing investment.
Why should I work with a full-service manufacturer?
A full-service manufacturer can provide you with everything you need for your roofing project, all in one stop. By partnering with a full-service manufacturer, you can get materials, design, maintenance and more without having to pay and manage other contractors or vendors.
What is the Garland business model based on?
Simply put, quality and integrity. From the ground up, our company is owned by our employees, so there is incentive to succeed and deliver the very best products and services at every level.
How do Garland products differ from the less expensive products on the market?
Garland roofing materials cost more initially than standard roofing solutions because they are a higher quality product designed to provide years of watertight protection. Garland materials typically last 10 years or longer than lower priced options because of the exceptional quality of our materials and our comprehensive support services.
What sort of warranty do you offer for your products and services?
We offer warranties for every Garland-approved roofing system, spanning anywhere from five years for a coatings materials warranty to 30 years for a gravel-surfaced modified bitumen system. We even recently introduced a 40-year warranty for our premium OptiMax membrane. The Garland warranty allows a Garland representative, on a regular basis, to inspect rooftop conditions and recommend appropriate maintenance, repair and/or restoration so you can get the most life out of your roof.
What is the percentage of materials vs. labour for a roof replacement project?
Typically, materials and services account for 30% of the total cost while labour is the remaining 70%. Investing in quality, high-performance materials installed by knowledgeable, experienced contractors is essential to achieving the highest rate of return on your roofing investment.
What does life-cycle costing really mean?
Life-cycle costing provides realistic projections of the long-term cost of a roof system using present day values. This methodology analyzes multiple roof options with different initial costs, yearly maintenance requirements, and expected life cycles, helping you determine which roofing system will provide the best return on investment (ROI).
Do cooperative purchasing agreements restrict competitive bidding and cost taxpayers more?
Public procurement administrators use cooperative purchasing vehicles to expedite project delivery, simplify contract administration and reduce associated costs. All cooperative purchasing contracts used to purchase Garland materials have been publicly bid on at a national or state basis in full compliance with existing federal and state laws. The popularity of this purchasing option suggests that the public entities that use cooperative purchasing agreements find them beneficial to the communities they serve.