Garland celebrated its 125th year in business in 2020 and marked the milestone by donating thousands of dollars and needed items to several local Cleveland organizations. Garland’s yearlong giving campaign was a reflection of the company’s “Employee Built, Employee Owned” culture that includes supporting our neighbors, even in the midst of a global pandemic.
“Giving back to our community is the cornerstone of what Garland was founded on. As a company, supporting our neighbors in the community is ingrained in our values and culture. There is no other way we would want to celebrate our anniversary than by giving back to the community that has shown Garland so much support throughout these 125 years.”
President, Garland Industries, Inc.
- The inaugural $12,500 Garland scholarship was awarded to the son of Garland employee Frieda Rodriguez. The scholarship will be awarded to a new student each year and will increase annually to reflect each year the company has existed.
- A $125 donation to the charity of each Garland employee’s choice has resulted in more than $9,500 being donated to various local and national charities.
- 125 backpacks filled with essential items were donated to Miles Park School, located down the street from Garland's headquarters
- Garland sponsored the Greater Cleveland Food Bank's weekly food distribution at the Municipal Lot on Nov. 12 with a $15,000 donation. About 30 Garland employees volunteered at the event that provided food to thousands of Clevelanders each week.
- Garland finished off its 125th anniversary charitable initiatives with a donation to Cityview Healthcare & Rehabilitation in Cleveland just in time for the holidays. The centre received iPads to help with telehealth appointments, winter essentials, activities as well as more immediate needs like shampoo, razors, toothbrushes and more.